Category Archives: Connect
Thanks to those who have provided feedback on the new counselor assignment settings. Over the next couple of days, we’ll be rolling out a few tweaks to the settings to improve counselor assignment matching.
- Updated ABSN filter to require CUA market segment type.
- Up to this point, there was not a clear hierarchy in the system regarding which counselor assignment should take priority when a student was a member of multiple groups (i.e. a transferring recruited athlete in a church work program). Going forward:
- Students in church work programs will be assigned to Emily regardless of Recruited Athlete or Transfer status.
- Recruited Athletes (who are not in a church work program) will be assigned to Doug regardless of other status (Freshmen, Transfer, etc).
- Added Market Segment type restrictions to the International_US counselor setting filter. This will prevent CUA/Grad international applicants from being assigned to the undergraduate international counselor (Minerva).
- Adding a citizenship requirement for all domestic counselor setting filters.
It appears that during the updating of counselor settings in Hobsons, some of the territories got a little tweaked. I’m going to address this and they should be fixed over night.
After tomorrow morning, if you notice people who you think 1) don’t belong to you but are on your lists, or (2) do belong to you but aren’t on your list – please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post is of high importance.
Starting immediately, we now have two support e-mail addresses, one for the CRM team and one for the Web team.
- For requests related to the CUI website, please e-mail email@example.com.
- For requests related to the CRM tools, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
A new undergraduate dashboard ‘Undergrad Applicants by Admissions Counselor’ is now available. Undergraduate counselors can use this dashboard to track the progress of their students in the enrollment funnel.
Each counselor has his/her own report on the dashboard. You can find yours by looking at the report title (which appears pretty small in Hobsons; it is located above each report). The reports break out applicants by their stage and entry term. These reports replace the one that used to be located at the bottom of the ‘Enrollment Goals (Admissions Only)’ dashboard.
Data is currently being loaded into the dashboards. This means that if you check it out now, your numbers will probably be off. Throughout the afternoon and evening, the system will be updating records with the new counselors codes. By the time you arrive tomorrow, the data should be good.
Please let us know if something doesn’t look right or your have suggestions. You can let Veronica, Tim, or myself know if you have any suggestions or problems.
We’re currently perform some upgrades on the counselor related attributes in Connect. You may see some strange behavior on counselor related data as we do this. I expect these changes will be completed by Wednesday afternoon if not sooner.
I’ll keep you informed.
We’ve identified an error in the letters and mailing module in Connect. In short, the folders containing the various letters do not open when you click on them. We have notified Hobsons of this problem and hope to hear back from them soon.
In the meantime, you can work around this issue by pressing the ‘expand all’ link at the top of the folder list or by using the search bar. For some reason, these two methods continue to work. My suggestion is to use the ‘expand all’ link as it has the same effect as opening all the folders.
Our new inquiry forms are now live. Some of the new features include:
- Our new forms provide sophisticated tracking capabilities so that we are able to see what percentage of visitors from different sources (google ads, search engine query, sites that link to us) end up inquiring about a program.
- Data backup. We store information on inquiries not just in Hobsons, but also in a local database.
- Customized questions, for example:
- Applying for MAIS? Then you’ll able be able to select summer start terms.
- A prospective undergraduate? Then we will need to know when you graduated high school.
- Unique thank you pages. Currently, inquiries will be sent to an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Adult Studies thank you pages – but this can be further delineated to MBA/Nursing/MCAA etc to provide custom information to inquiring students.
I encourage you to visit the new inquiry form, submit one using ‘email@example.com’ for your program and let’s us know what you think.
I wanted to let everyone know that day to day management of Hobsons is being transitioned to Trusted Technical Solutions. The primary point of contact for Hobsons requests will be Tim Hardin from this point forward. The best way to reach Tim with requests is via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the transition takes place, there may be times that you will hear from either Tim or I. My role with Hobsons going forward is still being sorted out currently, but I’ll let you know what (if any) I’ll be doing with Hobsons in the future.
It appears that there has been an interruption in the data flow between Hobsons and BANNER which is most likely caused by the change in daylight savings time.
Last Fall, we saw this behavior as well. For some reason, it appears that the BANNER servers are not adjusting with DST changes.
I’ll work with Jon on this. I expect it to be resolved within the day.