Category Archives: Hobsons
We have been experiencing a number of errors with the Connect->Banner bridge this week. I believe that Jon and I have placed the necessary fixes in place to resolve the problems and prevent their future occurrence.
While I will be manually running the processes that did not work last night, various individuals or departments may need to do some clean-up on records stemming from the errors that occurred earlier in the week since the current bridge does not have an efficient way to do data reloading on records more than one day old.
If you encounter any errors with the bridge tomorrow, please let me know immediately.
P.S. Please note that these errors are not related to the current request from the School of Professional Studies regarding Nursing students being classified as ‘D’ rather than ‘E’ student types in Banner. That may or may not be a bridge issue and I will be looking into that as soon as possible.
I wanted to let you know that I have accepted an employment offer at another University and that my last day at Concordia will be next Friday, the 19th. Between now and then, I’ll be training Veronica on how to use this blog as she will be taking over the blog after I go.
I’ll plan on stopping by sometime next week to say goodbye to all of you.
My best wishes,
Thanks to those who have provided feedback on the new counselor assignment settings. Over the next couple of days, we’ll be rolling out a few tweaks to the settings to improve counselor assignment matching.
- Updated ABSN filter to require CUA market segment type.
- Up to this point, there was not a clear hierarchy in the system regarding which counselor assignment should take priority when a student was a member of multiple groups (i.e. a transferring recruited athlete in a church work program). Going forward:
- Students in church work programs will be assigned to Emily regardless of Recruited Athlete or Transfer status.
- Recruited Athletes (who are not in a church work program) will be assigned to Doug regardless of other status (Freshmen, Transfer, etc).
- Added Market Segment type restrictions to the International_US counselor setting filter. This will prevent CUA/Grad international applicants from being assigned to the undergraduate international counselor (Minerva).
- Adding a citizenship requirement for all domestic counselor setting filters.
It appears that during the updating of counselor settings in Hobsons, some of the territories got a little tweaked. I’m going to address this and they should be fixed over night.
After tomorrow morning, if you notice people who you think 1) don’t belong to you but are on your lists, or (2) do belong to you but aren’t on your list – please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post is of high importance.
Starting immediately, we now have two support e-mail addresses, one for the CRM team and one for the Web team.
- For requests related to the CUI website, please e-mail email@example.com.
- For requests related to the CRM tools, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
A new undergraduate dashboard ‘Undergrad Applicants by Admissions Counselor’ is now available. Undergraduate counselors can use this dashboard to track the progress of their students in the enrollment funnel.
Each counselor has his/her own report on the dashboard. You can find yours by looking at the report title (which appears pretty small in Hobsons; it is located above each report). The reports break out applicants by their stage and entry term. These reports replace the one that used to be located at the bottom of the ‘Enrollment Goals (Admissions Only)’ dashboard.
Data is currently being loaded into the dashboards. This means that if you check it out now, your numbers will probably be off. Throughout the afternoon and evening, the system will be updating records with the new counselors codes. By the time you arrive tomorrow, the data should be good.
Please let us know if something doesn’t look right or your have suggestions. You can let Veronica, Tim, or myself know if you have any suggestions or problems.
We’re currently perform some upgrades on the counselor related attributes in Connect. You may see some strange behavior on counselor related data as we do this. I expect these changes will be completed by Wednesday afternoon if not sooner.
I’ll keep you informed.
We’ve identified an error in the letters and mailing module in Connect. In short, the folders containing the various letters do not open when you click on them. We have notified Hobsons of this problem and hope to hear back from them soon.
In the meantime, you can work around this issue by pressing the ‘expand all’ link at the top of the folder list or by using the search bar. For some reason, these two methods continue to work. My suggestion is to use the ‘expand all’ link as it has the same effect as opening all the folders.
Our new inquiry forms are now live. Some of the new features include:
- Our new forms provide sophisticated tracking capabilities so that we are able to see what percentage of visitors from different sources (google ads, search engine query, sites that link to us) end up inquiring about a program.
- Data backup. We store information on inquiries not just in Hobsons, but also in a local database.
- Customized questions, for example:
- Applying for MAIS? Then you’ll able be able to select summer start terms.
- A prospective undergraduate? Then we will need to know when you graduated high school.
- Unique thank you pages. Currently, inquiries will be sent to an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Adult Studies thank you pages – but this can be further delineated to MBA/Nursing/MCAA etc to provide custom information to inquiring students.
I encourage you to visit the new inquiry form, submit one using ‘email@example.com’ for your program and let’s us know what you think.